Replacement for ESP Controller

For the Energy Monitor, ESP, and other monitors

Replacement for ESP Controller

Postby rtcarey on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:45 pm

I need to replace my ESP Controller, and wish to know what Ample Power product is a good replacement. If possible I would like something that is plug and play. That is, a new battery monitor that I could either use the same wire harness with or at least something that would be relatively easy to install in the ESP's place. Also, how much does the replacement cost and can I order it directly from Ample Power.

I have four, Lifeline 8D AGM house batteries, and Ample Power Eliminator, Smart Alternator Regulator and 200 amp Ample Power Alternator, Trace 2500 Watt, Modeel U25 inverter/charger and two 95 watt solar panels with there own regulator.

Thank you for your help,

Bob Carey
s/v Kuan Yin 1
rtcarey

Re: Replacement for ESP Controller

Postby Coulomb on Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:41 am

Sorry, we don't have a replacement at this time.
Coulomb
Site Admin

Postby rtcarey on Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:06 pm

Thank you for your response. If there is no replacement for the ESP, what do you suggest? Do you repair them? Or, do you suggest some other product from some other manufacturer? What other product would be most compatible?

Bob Carey
rtcarey

Postby Coulomb on Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:31 pm

Sorry, the ESP cannot be repaired. Some parts are no longer available.

I can't make a recommendation for a different monitor since I've not tested any of them.
Coulomb
Site Admin

Postby jezza on Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:42 pm

Well, I suppose I have the same question...a few years later. Are there any new answers to this query? Still not possible to repair because of an integrated battery of some type??? and There is still no replacement monitor like this that can plug into the system with facility?

Just to be clear...I have an ESP serial 524 that has just stopped reading out anything. Can I still charge my system (via solar) or will it fault other things in line? or just not allow charge to flow??? Do I have to have something connected to these plugs? Even if you can not "recommend something...can you merely point me to what might fit in its place???

Many thanks..Jezza
jezza

Return to Ample Power Monitors