EMON Repairs?

For the Energy Monitor, ESP, and other monitors

EMON Repairs?

Postby bjrichar on Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:48 pm

Can we still send the EMON units in for repair? Mine has become very sensitive lately to the anchor windlass being used when the engines are running and the alternators charging as before. All connections are good and the windlass has been rebuilt by the manufacture. This is an occasional problem and does not happen more than 10% of the time the windlass is used if that. The EMON will give incorrect remaining amp hour and percent of charge readings for many hours sometimes days. It also has the "blank screen" problem for a couple of years now and is reluctant to restart even though it is on a switch per the recommendation. It has always come back and there isn't a good direct replacement with as many features on the market.
Thanks for your assistance.
bjrichar

Re: EMON Repairs?

Postby Coulomb on Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:46 am

We can repair them if parts are available. Some of the part are no longer available. We can know until we test the unit.
Coulomb
Site Admin

Postby bjrichar on Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:23 pm

Hello,
I sent in my EMON via Priority mail on November 4th to 6315 Seaview Ave NW, 98107. The tracking information is that they left a notice for pick up. Is this the correct address and if so, will the package be retrieved at the PO? If unclaimed after 15 days they will send it back to me. Hoping there is chance it can be repaired.
Regards, Byron
bjrichar

Postby Coulomb on Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:30 pm

Can you re-route the package to 2442 NW Market St., #43, where someone is always their to receive it?
Coulomb
Site Admin

Postby bjrichar on Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:28 pm

Unfortunately, The USPS does not appear to have that capability. I will call them Tuesday and attempt the have them return it to me before the 15 day waiting period or before it's lost for good. Then I will send it again to the Market St address. Perhaps a visit to the local PO can help. I will let you know.
bjrichar

Postby bjrichar on Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:52 am

Appears that I will have to wait the 15 days for the PO to send the package back and then send it to the other address. Only the recipient can arrange to send it back sooner.
bjrichar

Postby bjrichar on Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:52 am

Appears that I will have to wait the 15 days for the PO to send the package back and then send it to the other address. Only the recipient can arrange to send it back sooner.
bjrichar

Postby bjrichar on Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:51 am

Greetings,
The EMON should be returned to me soon and will be sent out to the Market Street address asap. In case it cannot be repaired, will I lose any of the features of my Ample Power charging system (besides the data stream on the EMON) and will I need to make any modifications or wiring changes? I have an SARV3-12P regulator, a DAC-12 dual alternator controller, two Isolation Eliminators, EL-512's, and two #4023 Alternators. There is also an ACS Alternator Current Sensor in the system. The batteries are 6 Northstar/Energy1 AGM's rated at 185 amp hours each for the house bank.
The EMON appears to interconnect with the SAR and the ACS. How will disconnecting the EMON effect the systems performance?
Thank you.
bjrichar

Postby bjrichar on Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:07 pm

Hello,
Looks like the EMON package was picked up at the PO in Seattle on November 15th. The information necessary to contact me concerning repairs was in a letter contained in the box. Hope it was one of your people that has the EMON. Hope to hear from you soon.
Regards, Byron
bjrichar

Return to Ample Power Monitors