Elliminator next step P regulator

Isolator Eliminator

Elliminator next step P regulator

Postby Paulb on Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:30 pm

I installed a next step P 12v regulator, an elliminator and an ample power p type regulator in 1993 . . they have worked flawlessly . . . I had the alternator rebuilt about 8 years ago. I have no solar or wind generators . . . I have a large battery bank 720 amp/hrs and a starting battery. They are independently switched with an emergency crossover. While cruising last week I noticed no charge going to the batteries. I also noticed that when I used my Honda EU200i generator that the main battery bank was being charged but the voltage on the starter batter remained flat at 12.00 or so. A cusrury check of the alternator showed that it had out put, the regulator shows no error lights, but the elliminator's light does not light. I have inspected and replaced all fuses in both the regulator and elliminator. Green light on elliminator goes on for a brief moment when I insert one of the fuses. Without all the voltages you suggest - I was without my manuals - do you think I am looking at several points of failure or or or . . . I did an initial check of all the electrical connections and they seem OK . . .Are we reaching the end of servicable life of these products??? The Units are locted in a dry place . . . we cruise the sailboat pretty extensively and batteries have lasted roughly 10 years. I replace the starter every 4 years and it is due to be replaced this year. Thoughts???

paul Braschi
Wandering Star
baba 35
203 215-1052
Paulb

Re: Elliminator next step P regulator

Postby Coulomb on Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:40 pm

See http://www.amplepower.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=406
Coulomb
Site Admin

Return to Eliminator