Three bank system

This forum is for general electrical issues. See other forums for product specific issues

Three bank system

Postby SWar on Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:04 am

I currently have a two bank system an NS2 and an isolator; a house battery bank and a battery that runs our windlass. The current system uses the house bank to start the engine as opposed to a dedicated starter battery. I really don't like this set-up.

I'd like to replace the isolator with a solenoid but doing so appears to limit me to only two banks; house and one of starter or windlass. I was thinking that I could put a battery switch 1/2/both downstream from the solenoid and manually switch between the starter and windlass depending on which needs charging. However, I'd prefer a less manual set up.

I have looked through as many docs as I could find but all seem to describe a house and starter bank only. Do you have any suggestions / docs you can point me to which account for a third windlass bank (which is positioned near the windless at the opposite end of the boat)?

Thanks
SWar

Re: Three bank system

Postby Coulomb on Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:48 pm

We don't want to give bad advice. One house bank and a dedicated start battery is the best, most reliable and easiest to manage. Sorry, but we don't offer suggestions for doing the wrong thing.
Coulomb
Site Admin

Return to General Electrical