All LEDs Lit

For issues involving the NS2 regulator.

All LEDs Lit

Postby Calvin B on Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:10 am

I tooka very large wave onto the beam of our 40' pilothouse trawler last fall and it ripped the battery box mounts out that resulted in the poorly crimped positive power cable pulling partially out. At the time I lost all 12V power and then slowly electrical started to come back on. Once at harbour I found the source of the problem and did repairs and modifications. I thought all was Ok until I went to get fuel and could smell burning rubber. It turned out to be the alternator belt and I saw that the voltage meter had pegged itself beyond 20 volts. I yanked out the fuse to the NS2 regulator and returned to port once again. So, here is the situation: the NS2 regulator has a green, amber and red LED. They are all on steady. What do I need to do in order to reset the NS2 back to factory settings and charging at 12V? It seems to have set itself to 24V or it is fried which seems odd if fused.
Calvin B

Re: All LEDs Lit

Postby Coulomb on Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:18 am

Send products for repair to:
Ample Power Company, LLC.
6315 Seaview Avenue, NW
Seattle, WA 98107

Include name, address, purchase information and contact phone or email.

BTW, the purpose of a fuse is to protect wiring between a power source and a device. Fuses do not open fast enough to protect semiconductors.
Site Admin

Return to NS2 Regulators