NS2 Hookup on a Delco Alternator

For issues involving the NS2 regulator.

NS2 Hookup on a Delco Alternator

Postby DCampa on Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:40 pm

I just purchased a NS2 Voltage Regulator. My question is I have a 2004 Chevrolet V6 engine with a AD244 large case GM alternator. It has been modified for 250 amps continuous output. It has a external Diode box, separate from the Alternator. My question is will the NS2 work with this Alternator? The way this Voltage Regulator works is one of the slip rings brush is grounded all the time, the other slip ring brush has a variable Positive 0-12 volts controlled by the GM Voltage Regulator which varies the current going to the Rotor. Obviously I have to remove this Voltage Regulator and connect the NS2 in place of it. The maximum current is 8 amps going to the Rotor. Does the NS2 work the same way by varying the Positive DC volts (0-12 Volts)? If so can it handle 8 Amps? I know I have to run a wire from this slip ring brush to the outside of the alternator case to connect to the NS2. I am familiar that some other automotive Voltage Regulators work differently. Some have +12 connected to the slip ring brush and vary the Negative, others vary both the Positive and the Negative DC voltage. Thanks,

Dave C
DCampa

Re: NS2 Hookup on a Delco Alternator

Postby Coulomb on Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:31 pm

The NS2 handles 8 Amps and varies the positive as you need.
Coulomb
Site Admin

Return to NS2 Regulators