NS2 question

For issues involving the NS2 regulator.

NS2 question

Postby armas west on Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:32 am

I replaced my NSR in 2009 with an NS2. It seems to have worked well. Last week the charging system stopped working. I have a 125 amp Amptech alternator connected to 4- 6 volt batteries, in sets of 2 in parallel. There is a temperature sensor on one battery post.
I pulled the alternator and had it checked. It is fine. The NS2 shows a steady green light on the Status LED. No red lights are on. One 2 battery set checked out 12.24 volts. The other bank 11.4. this while still connected in parallel. A hydrometer check showed one bank "green" or charged, and the other "red" or seriously discharged. I am taking the one set of batteries to my supplier Monday to check out.... In the meantime, what does the steady non-blinking green status led tell me? The trouble shooting guide talks about a flashing green light. The light was on whether the ignition key was on or off and when the motor was briefly started up.

Suggestions?

armas west
armas west

Re: NS2 question

Postby Coulomb on Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:23 am

The green LED should be flashing, not on steady. Try removing all power from the unit for a few seconds to see if that clears up the problem.
Coulomb
Site Admin

Return to NS2 Regulators