Alternator Model 1023

For all issue regarding Ample Power Alternators.

Alternator Model 1023

Postby john cowle on Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:38 pm

This is a pain.
I'm in Toronto with no local dealer distributor; Vancouver dealer doesn't respond to emails; answering machine at Ample tells me to go on line, register, get yet another username and password, wait for activation or pay $250 to get answers to emails! Well excuse me for being a customer!
I have an alternator Model # 1023, Serial # 951v which has performed well in a marine application for the past 17 years. I've recently noticed that it is running extremely hot (...far too hot to touch) and it seems to be making some unfamiliar noises. If it's at or near the end of it's useful life, if it's not possible or worth rebuilding or if there is a compatible, up-to-date, improved model I would order a new one. Are these things supposed to run that hot? Is the 1023 model from the Stone Age? Given Ample's rather unfriendly consumer interface I may be further ahead to go elsewhere. Is this typical?

John C.
john cowle

Re: Alternator Model 1023

Postby Coulomb on Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:21 pm

We're happy to hear that an Ample Power alternator has given you 17 years of service.

Too hot to touch is too subjective. Please provide an actual alternator case temperature, along with alternator current and battery voltage.
Coulomb
Site Admin

Return to Ample Alternators