Replacement battery 4 APC battery monitor

For the Energy Monitor, ESP, and other monitors

Replacement battery 4 APC battery monitor

Postby Mazza on Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:17 pm

Hi, I have an APC battery monitor model ESP. (Manual says 1992).
1. I think the battery inside died. What battery should I used to replace it with is it field replaceable? The reason I am asking is because the back of the unit is hard to get to, and I would want to be prepared before I start disassembling bulk-heads.

2. The manual I have is an operating guide and does not have specs. Can you tell me what current draw is the unit pulling? I think I have detected the unit pulling current from my starting battery, which ran flat after 3 months of the boat being in storage... When the battery went flat, the APC went dead. When I recharged the battery, the APC came back alive. So I am wondering if/how is the unit drawing pore from the boat's starting battery...?

3. Right now I have only one shunt, so I am monitoring one bank for AMP, V and another bank for just V. I would like to add another shunt to monitor the other bank. 200A/h started AGM battery. What is the appropriate shunt I need to purchase.

Re: Replacement battery 4 APC battery monitor

Postby Coulomb on Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:36 pm

The battery was built into a RAM chip which is no longer made so the unit is not repairable.

Sorry, but early 1990 technology is no longer available.
Site Admin

Return to Ample Power Monitors