Emon problem

For the Energy Monitor, ESP, and other monitors

Emon problem

Postby vanguard on Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:03 am

Onboard equipment: Next Step Regulator (blue one), Eliminator isolator, Emon II monitor, Balmar 75 amp alternator, Trace inverter/charger.
I put new house batteries on boat, downsizing from 4 to 2 golf cart batteries in May 09.
In line with instructions, I reprogrammed size on Emon from 440 to 220 amphours.
Everything worked fine for about three months in both AC and engine/alternator charge mode.
Now Emon won't climb above 179 amp hours (AH remaining), even after a 24-hour AC charge. I don't know if it's an issue or not, but the voltage in both AC and engine/alternator charge won't climb above 13.9V.
Any ideas as to what may be wrong would be appreciated.
vanguard

Re: Emon problem

Postby Coulomb on Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:50 pm

Do you have a voltmeter to verify what the Emon says? If you loose one of the ground connections on the Emon terminal blocks, the voltage will be off about a half volt.
Coulomb
Site Admin

Re: Emon problem

Postby vanguard on Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:28 pm

Thank you for your ideas. I just checked the emon distribution bar and ground wire is firmly secured. I don't have a handheld volt meter on board but will take one to the boat in the next few days. As I mentioned before, my electrical panel volt meter never goes above 13.9, even in engine/alternator charge mode. Would adjusting absorption voltage on the next step regulator resolve the issue?
vanguard

Return to Ample Power Monitors