System won't charge

For Next Step Regulators including Lifeline units. Use the NS2 forum for NS2 issues.

Re: System won't charge

Postby armas west on Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:44 pm

O.K.

I bought it from River Marine, Vancouver B.C.

In any case, I checked the voltage setpoints to-day, and they are 1.48, 1.39 and 1.19 respectively. I didn't change them to 1.44 etc.as they weren't that far off.

The Voltage runnaway led is on with or without the motor running. There is two spade connections on the alternator. When I moved the field connection to the second one, the thing charges, up to 15 amps at 2000 RPM,and the field voltage is 12.5. The alternator got warm in a hurry. The batteries are more or less fully charged so it the regulator isn't regulating.

Can you get the replacement to me in Canada? The shipping address is: Armas West, c/o Fairbarns Machine Shop, 1096 Russell Street, Thunder Day Ontario, Canada, P7B5N2.

Unless you have some more instructions, I will send this address to your shipper.

Armas
armas west

Re: System won't charge

Postby armas west on Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:44 pm

O.K.

I bought it from River Marine, Vancouver B.C.

In any case, I checked the voltage setpoints to-day, and they are 1.48, 1.39 and 1.19 respectively. I didn't change them to 1.44 etc.as they weren't that far off.

The Voltage runnaway led is on with or without the motor running. There is two spade connections on the alternator. When I moved the field connection to the second one, the thing charges, up to 15 amps at 2000 RPM,and the field voltage is 12.5. The alternator got warm in a hurry. The batteries are more or less fully charged so it the regulator isn't regulating.

Can you get the replacement to me in Canada? The shipping address is: Armas West, c/o Fairbarns Machine Shop, 1096 Russell Street, Thunder Day Ontario, Canada, P7B5N2.

Unless you have some more instructions, I will send this address to your shipper.

Armas
armas west

Previous

Return to Next Step Regulators